Thursday, May 3, 2012

2nd Rituximab Infusion

My second infusion was April 30th. The infusion was uneventful! My rheum doctor had increased my pre medications, so I did not experience a reaction. I did, however, experience some vein burning sensation. On Day 2 after my infusion, my breathing difficulties started to emerge. I took my inhalers prescribed by my Rheum doctor and am currently sleeping with the humidifier or hanging out in the bedroom with the humidifier if I feel shortness of breath. I am weak, and fatigued, but that is to be expected from the infusion.

Unfortunately, my RA pain levels are the same. The pain is the most severe in the morning (take your breath away), and is a constant all day. It is mostly in my hips, and low back, which makes bending, twisting, sitting to standing, a difficult chore. I am learning to adapt my surroundings and environment more and more to make things accessible to my wants and needs.


I was able to do a short stint of observing the Chimps today at Lion Country Safari .  


And this is our confidence, that if we pray according to His will, He will hear us, and give us what we ask for, because our desires are in agreement with His thoughts for us. (1 John 5:14-15)

Blessings ~ Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment