Sunday, April 22, 2012

Rituxan Thoughts...

I am on day 6 after my first Rituxan infusion. Last night, and today, the shortness of breath is finally subsiding. I still get short of breath after activity, but the duration is shorter. I recover quickly. Unfortunately, my pain levels are unchanged, and swelling in my hands is worse. My next infusion is April 30th. The doctor has been very communicative, and the pre medication protocol has been discussed in detail. It always feels better when you have a plan. ((-:

I don't usually document so much information about my treatments on my blog. However, this week, has been so difficult, and I discovered very few people to share experiences with, so, maybe this will help someone else in the future to not feel so alone in their reactions to Rituxan. I also discovered that I was relying too much on one or two internet sites for my Rheumatoid Arthritis information. I "branched" out on my own and did a lot of independent research and actually found a lot of good information out there. It took work, and diligence, but, I am understanding the protocol and the drug treatment clearly.

Many thanks to my family and friends that stuck by me this week. I did a lot of leaning and I appreciate the support...!

I still have my positive attitude and hope that this drug treatment WILL work.

My picture for this blog post is a favorite I took a few weeks back. I chose it, because it is a favorite and I reflected on it a lot this week, as one of those "pieces" of a great day...which carried me through the rough days.

A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.  Proverbs 17:22

Blessings ~~ Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment