Thursday, April 5, 2012

A ring that fits.. always....and forever...

I have not posted in a long time... I have been thru another medication that did not play nice with my RAD system.  Orencia... sorry to see you go after only 4 injections. I say, "sorry", because the injection itself was an easy sub q and could be done at home. Basically the Orencia, caused a horrible cough, immediately after injection... we tried "one more time"... and that last injection caused a cough, AND an upper respiratory infection that would not be beat. 10 days later... and I am starting to feel human. Yes.. I have another plan of attack for my disease.. which will come later in another blog.

Having Rheumatoid Autoimmune Disease (RAD)...I have become deeply aware of the fact that I can not wear my wedding ring. I have been married for almost 27 years, that ring was/is a "part of me".. I could wear it some days.. and then others.. it would not go on, or, my biggest fear, not come off, due to hand swelling. Somebody in my travels, suggested a tattoo. I have a tattoo.. on my leg, I am stoic, they truly do not hurt, and I have never regretted that tattoo.

A wedding ring is a "forever" symbol of my love for Tom.. a tattoo was the answer to continue to symbolize our marriage on my left hand. I found the perfect tattoo artist at Ink Addiction in Stuart. The artist "free handed" the "ring" tattoo... and, I absolutely LOVE IT, it is the simplicity of the heart, showing my true devotion to Tom.  My doctor equally loves it, and is actually suggesting it to other patients... I will be back... to Ink Addiction.. for that Sea Turtle tattoo-- no worries!

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. 

1 Cor 13:13

Blessings........ Kim

2 comments:

  1. That is so wonderful. The boyfriend and I have been together for four and a half years and while we don't have any immediate plans to get married, I'm pretty sure that we will. Having a ring on for even half an hour can cause extra swelling in that finger. I've thought about the tattoo idea for a while too. Yours looks very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your 'ring' looks gorgeous! When my daughter got married in August, her new hubby (who works in a field where any hand jewelry can be both distracting and dangerous) decided on a ring finger tattoo as well. Talk about commitment!

    ReplyDelete